Private Appointments – Showroom & Tailoring Visits.
- Please note we offer a private appointment for all our clients, where you will be able to browse our cloth options and chat to our style consultants at one of our registered locations.
- Our hours of business can be viewed on our website at www.edinburghtailoringcompany.com
- Contact from any of our staff outside our business hours is entirely at the goodwill of our team.
- A 24-hour notice of rescheduling or cancelling an appointment is required ahead of the original appointment time.
Private Home or Office Appointments.
- We can offer a visiting tailoring service, which can be pre-booked Tuesday to Friday, please note we offer this service to all clients and this is a charged facility. The rate for a home or business appointment is £60 per hour, plus £1 per mile travel costs. This will be charged on an estimate basis in advance and any difference between estimate and actual can be refunded or invoiced as appropriate.
Online Appointments – Free Consultation or Consultation & Measure.
- All appointment types are available online via Zoom, Facetime or WhatsApp Video.
- Full payment of your order is required prior to your order being processed.
Payment Methods accepted: Cash, Visa, Mastercard or AMEX & Bank Transfer (BACs). *Unfortunately, we cannot accept cheques.
- We are unable to offer refunds as the garments we supply are specifically custom made to your individual specification, cloth, pattern & hand made by us for you. However, In the case of a production error, we will take full responsibility to rectify the order. We operate a strict policy of repair or replace before considering any refund.
- All orders have a “cooling off” period of 48 hours before cloth is cut. If for any reason you’d like to cancel your order, it must be done within 48 hours of placing your order. Upon confirmation from our team that no cloth has been cut, a full refund will be issued (less £30 administration fee).
Use of Products:
- Our cloth is supplied by textile mills or merchants based in the UK and Italy.
- Our primary product range is that of suits, jackets, trousers, waistcoats, shirts and overcoats. The cloth provided by our mill and merchant partners is suitable for these types of garment. Where doubt exists, we will inquire with our mill or merchant partners to establish usability.
- In the event of any customer issue, we ask that you get in touch via email@example.com
- Please note that in order to assess any issues properly, we will require you to attend a fitting in person or on Zoom/Facetime/WhatsApp Video.
- Where an item is being posted to us to be altered or assessed, the cost of postage will be borne by the customer.
- Please also note that an assessment can take up to 28 days to review all details as we would need to liaise with production & any work conducted by the team.
Terms & Conditions of Purchase:
Our responsibility to you as a client is to provide for a first fitting:
● The specified cloth and trim options.
● The specified style options.
● The measurements taken from you, with a tolerance built in for fit (as agreed at consultation).
● Delivery on time in accordance with your chosen level of service.
Our responsibility after your first fitting is to:
● Ensure that any adjustments are carried out as agreed.
● Ensure that the garment quality is not compromised by alterations.
We reserve the right to refuse an alteration if we feel it will compromise any of the above. In the event of an alteration refusal, we will update your pattern accordingly ahead of your next order.
As the client, you understand the following:
● Standard delivery time is up to 8 weeks.
● Express delivery time is up to 5 weeks.
● Super Express delivery time is up to 4 weeks.
● Alterations will be no less than 2 weeks from your fitting date.
● Express alteration packages can be purchased upon request at a cost of £25 per express alteration. In turn, this means alterations will be ready in under 2 weeks (dates to be confirmed as per each individual scenario).
● If for any reason we are unable to alter your garments, we will remake as necessary to ensure that the order is fulfilled and a superior fit is achieved. Remakes are placed on the same service as your original order. You can upgrade your service to express at any point throughout the process for the appointed fee. When you place an order for more than one garment of the same type (e.g. shirt packages or 2x business suits), we will make one item on the order first. When you are happy with the final pattern measurements for this order, your remaining items will be placed into production. This policy is strict. If you would like all garments to be made at the same time, this has a serious effect on our cost of order. A surcharge of £149 per additional suit will apply, and £49 per additional shirt.
● As this is a bespoke product, commissioned by you, no refund is possible once cutting begins. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Adjustments, Repairs & Remakes.
- Under our terms & conditions, we do not offer refunds. We Favour a repair and replace policy.
- Why? All our garments are uniquely custom made. All of our orders are unique custom designs & the cloth is bespoken & ordered to each individual’s requirements to fit not only their body & body-profile but also their tastes & characteristics.
- The Fitting Procedure, The Client is obliged to complete the fitting process. The fitting process is the most important part of the bespoke procedure, as we need to review how the cloth drapes from the body and how you would like it to fit. It can take multiple fittings (depending on your style and overall ft). The fit of a bespoke suit is unique to the client’s wearable requirements. We are not only perfecting one garment but cutting a paper pattern for future use.
- If required, we will undertake a fitting with our master tailor. We endeavour to perfect a unique pattern of your body’s measurements.
- Remaking, if a garment is in the rarest of the occasion is deemed unalterable, a remake will be instructed at no additional cost to the customer. We do reserve the right to restart the garment construction at our discretion.
- As your garments are made to your exact requirements, you may only cancel your order by agreement in writing.
- To cancel any order, you must inform us of such cancellation in writing, (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org) and await acceptance.
- Our cancellation charges are as below.
- Cancellation before cutting = 10% of the order value
- Cancellation after cutting = 50% of the order value
- Cancellation after fitting =75% of the order value.
- An administration fee of £30 will also be deducted.
- Any statutory consumer rights are unaffected by these conditions.
Terms & Conditions of Timelines & Deliveries:
- It is understood that turnaround and dispatch of the orders placed at the Supplier may vary from time to time depending on current order volumes, work schedules, fabric availability or a characteristic of the order placed. The Supplier will try its best to comply with the average turnaround time of 8 to 12 weeks, dependent on cutting slot availability.
Please note when ordering from our merchants and mill partner warehouses, we do recommend a toile fitting to be scheduled for your first fitting. This allows us time to order your cloth and have it shipped to our tailoring facility in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- While turnaround of an order is indicated as an estimated date, it is understood that the supplier will try to keep as close to the scheduled estimated date as possible.
- Dispatch times may vary according to availability, any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times can be subject to any delays resulting from postal delays, customs & excise or force majeure (including Acts of God, Acts of War or Acts of Terrorism, Acts Of Nature Plague, Epidemic & Pandemic etc.) for which we can not be held responsible.
- Government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export of other necessary license), wars, insurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the party whose performance is affected (including mechanical, electronic, or communications failure).
- The supplier will not be responsible for such delays resulting from situations within the client’s control, such as the client making a late payment, not being available to accept delivery, or incorrect delivery details supplied by the client. A delay does not include any alterations that are requested by the client. Timing to first fitting does not include public holidays.
- We dispatch orders all over the world via secure courier. Postage is either charged upfront or will need to be prepaid ahead of any postage dispatch. All orders will also need to be paid in full ahead of dispatch.
- International orders are subject to charges by the receiving country. The cost of which is to be borne by the recipient.
- All return postage items & costs are the responsibility of the client & will not be reimbursed. Any additional costs accrued by the company due to carriage/ storage or adjustments that are not deemed appropriate or agreed upon will be charged for.
- We reserve the right to charge for any alteration requested and reversal of said alteration that it deems unnecessary or detrimental to the fit.
- The company will make the goods subject to the details taken by the customer.
After the goods have been made any requests for amendments to these details will be chargeable and may be refused.
Any detail of the goods not clearly stated on the order form will be made in the style of the companies choosing.
- Any alterations desired after the completion of the tailoring process. Will carry an adjustment charge. The tailoring process is deemed completed after the final fitting.
- All clients for whom a toile is deemed appropriate, the deadline to first fitting is for the toile fitting.
- Once the first fitting is performed, the garment is made-proper and ready for fitting within 4 weeks from the time of fitting the toile. Please do note a toil and the changes made to the toil ahead of placing into creation is the final specifications, any additional changes to the garments after the toil fitting will be charged. Example length, collar style and pocket style changes.
- For the avoidance of doubt, a toile is a garment made up in basic cotton/calico so that alterations can be made. In some cases, a toile fitting does carry an extra charge of £99.
The gesture of Goodwill Items.
- Occasionally it might be deemed appropriate to offer a bespoke item as a gesture of goodwill. Please do note any item that is offered as a gesture of goodwill is cut and created as the company’s full discretion. Dependent on availability & resources. Please do note any additional costs etc. postage/carriage & local taxes/duties will also be the responsibility of the client. Complimentary items have a monetary value of 0.0001p and are non-refundable.
(etc. Brand ambassadors & brand Influencers, writers & any third-party working agreement in place)
- The company frequently works with brand ambassadors & influencers to promote itself. All agreements are legally binding and agreed upon ahead of any garment being cut. Failure to comply with the agreed terms will result in all costs being sought in relation to the said agreement as well as any legal costs accrued in relation to recovery of costs.
- All created content and approved images remain the property of Edinburgh Tailoring Company, who retain all rights to use of the images.
Edinburgh Tailoring Company Ltd Limited is a registered company in Scotland.
We periodically make amendments to these Terms and to the information contained in our website, so we advise you to check back often. Your statutory rights remain unaffected by these Terms & Conditions.